The Board is working hard to put together a budget that will work well for us next year. There are a lot of new variables to account for. Please keep them in prayer. As soon as the proposed budget is ready, we’ll make it available to review before the meeting.
We will have four openings on the Board this year: Vice-Chair, Clerk, and two General Board Member. Stacy Turowski and Mark Jackson are both willing to serve another term as Clerk and Vice-Chair, respectively. And the General Board Member positions are not required to be filled. It’s fortunate that in a year when so many of us are busy with extra work, we don’t also have to find new people to fill Board positions. However, that doesn’t mean the door is closed. Members are absolutely encouraged to recommend alternatives for Vice-Chair and Clerk or new names to fill the General Board Member seats. You can submit those names to the Nominating Committee here.
There are several Board members and a trustee position up for election this year. Some current members will remain, others are stepping down, and their positions need to be filled. Mosaic’s process for that includes these steps:
1. Any member can recommend a name (including themselves) for any open position.
2. A nominating committee reviews all recommendations, talks to candidates, and develops a slate of candidates.
3. The Elders and Board review and endorse the nominations.
4. Members vote for or against each nomination at the annual meeting.
Please be a part of this process by prayerfully considering who might fill the open positions and making recommendations to the nominating committee:
Dates to Remember
11/8/14 Sunday — Last day to nominate members to fill a board position
11/22/14 Sunday — Nominating committee will introduce ballot to members
12/6/14 Sunday — Congregation votes to approve/disapprove the ballot
Positions of Board of Directors
1. Chair (2 of 3 years served)–Betsy Rowe-Meyers
2. Vice Chair (1-year term)–Mark Jackson–OPEN FOR NOMINATION
3. Clerk (1-year term)–Stacie Turowski–OPEN FOR NOMINATION
4. Treasurer (1 of 3 years served)- Lori Wheeland
5. General board member (3 of 3 years served)- Marilyn Van Neil–OPEN FOR NOMINATION
6. General board member (2 of 3 years) – [Vacant]–OPEN FOR NOMINATION
6. General board member (1 of 3 years served)- Mandy Burns
Positions of Trustee
1. Morgan Meyers (1 of 3 years served)
2. Bob Van Neil (2 of 3 years served)
3. Alan Walke (2 of 3 years served)
To recommend a member for an open position
Please prayerfully consider then contact any of the nominating committee:
[third member not yet in place]
You can e-mail the committee at email@example.com. Or you can use this form to provide feedback directly to the nominating committee:
Oops! We could not locate your form.