Our poster for the Right Here, Right Now event says that we're offering opportunities for adults and kids to put empathy into action. That's not limited to the volunteer opportunities being showcased that day. During the event, Mosaic Kids will actually get down to work.
FUN Run in-Place!
After the breakfast, while the grown-ups are digesting their meal and talking, the kids will go down to the Kids’ Center, where they will ‘earn’ groceries for the South Wedge Food Program by running in place. Every minute we run earns us points to ‘buy’ food products set out in food pantry fashion.
Children will use their physical energy to bless others. This fits beautifully, into our ‘running’ theme of Empathy in Action.
We need help from YOU: Grocery items!
Now through April 2, please bring groceries, IN A BAG, to Heather Stevenson, our Children's Director. (We would like the food pantry to come together as a surprise, so if you're a parent, don't tip off your kids!)
(Please purchase items containing ingredients that you’d serve your family. And feel free to choose and get multiples of just one or two listed items.)
- Tuna (or canned Chicken or Salmon in water, not vegetable oil)
- Soup (or stock / broth canned or boxed)
- Boxed Milk (cow’s, soy, coconut etc.)
- Cereal (boxed low-sugar, or old fashioned oats)
- Baking Mixes
- Peanut Butter (or other nut butter)
- Jam (low sugar / fruit juice sweetened)
- Apple Sauce (individual lunch cups or full jars / no added sugar)
- Beans (canned or dry)
- Crackers (all types)
- Mac n cheese (Annie’s/quality brands)
- Marinara Sauce (jars)
- Toiletries: toothpaste, toothbrushes, diapers, tissues, toilet paper, paper towels, bar soap, pump hand soap, dishwashing soap, laundry detergent.
DONATIONS MUST BE IN BY SUNDAY, APRIL 2nd.