Our Officers and What They Do
The spiritual leadership of the Church consists of the Elders and the Senior Pastor. All have equal authority and voting rights. Elders must meet the biblical qualifications for an Elder as specified in 1 Timothy 3:1-7 and Titus 1:6-9. And Elders are responsible for the health of the Church and its affairs as outlined in 1 Peter 5:1-4, including the areas of Spiritual Health, Relational Health and Servant Health.
The Senior Pastor serves as an Elder and must meet the same qualifications. The Senior Pastor is additionally responsible for
- keeping the Church true and focused on the mission
- constantly recasting God’s vision
- ensuring biblically accurate teaching
- providing supervision for staff members
Serves as secretary for all corporate business meetings of the Church, and maintains those records at the Church. Under the direction of the Board of Directors, the Clerk keeps and maintains an accurate Church Membership Roll. The Clerk is a voting member of the Board.
Board of Directors
The affairs of the church are governed by the Board of Directors. It includes the Elders and Clerk, as well as:
- Chair: responsible for calling and facilitating Board Meetings along with Mosaic member meetings.
- Vice-Chair: responsible for facilitating Board meetings when the Chair is unavailable.
- Treasurer: responsible for overseeing Mosaic finance policies in keeping with Mosaic vision, values and good stewardship.
- General Members: attends Board meetings, contributes to discussion, and votes on the decisions that the Board considers.
Board members may agree to take on additional committee and leadership responsibilities.
Mosaic's Trustees are responsible for the custody and control of all temporalities and property, real and personal, belonging to the Church and of the revenues there from.